Cleaning Out the Guest Room

Since I was pregnant when we moved into this house I never really got a chance to organize our basement bedroom. It had been slightly full of boxes until my parents decided they should clean out their attic, shed, garage, second attic, and so on. They called and said they were going to come by to drop off my boxes. I was thinking it would be a couple of boxes. Nope! Their van, with the seats taken out, was filled with boxes. Our basement bedroom then became FILLED with items from my past. There was literally no floor space left in the room after they dropped it all off. I have slowly been making my way through everything they thought was worth saving...my favorites being the French papers from high school where I scored a D+ and an F. Those are always grades you want to keep, right?! Anyway, today I finally decided today was the day! Jason played with the girls all day and I cleaned and organized that room. It's not perfect yet but there are only a couple more boxes to go through. The rest will be put on a garage sale. I'm so excited to see that the room actually looks like a room again! It's not a storage garage anymore! While I was in my frantic cleaning and organizing mode, Jason sent Inga my way in a couple treasures she found while I was tossing.

We will be turning that room into a playroom once we are all done organizing. It will then be our goal to keep most of the toys that now clutter the rest of the house contained to one room. It's going to work, right?

No comments: